For the latest funding opportunities please visit our news page…..
Are you an employer looking for a training solution or just want to enhance and develop your staff? Then we at North Yorkshire County Council’s Training and Learning Service can help. We have funding to train external care provider staff and managers at no cost to their organisations in a range of different training courses from Skills for Care Induction, Safeguarding, Mental Capacity Act, Leadership and many more, please see attached PDF. We will deliver the training on site if you have a suitable room available and can adapt the courses and timings of the training to suit your business needs. Please contact Dhiraj Mann, Training and Learning Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Skills for Care Workforce Development Fund
What is the Workforce Development Fund?
The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is a funding stream from the Department of Health disseminated by Skills for Care via a network of organisations and employer led partnerships.
What is its aim?
WDF supports the achievement of qualification units and continuing professional development of staff across the adult social care sector in England.
What’s in it for my organisation?
WDF is a contribution towards the cost of completing vocational qualifications on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), meaning you can claim back a proportion of the costs of your workers’ training. Funding is calculated on the size of Qualification. How much you can claim back will depend on the qualification, the units selected and how many credits make up those units.
Here are some examples of what could be claimed:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care up to £690
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Careup to £870
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services, adult pathways up to £1200
What can I claim for?
You can claim for units and qualifications completed between 1st January and 31st March of the following year. Employers can make claims for WDF to support the cost of course fees (or employer contributions) and for associated costs, such as employees’ salaries while they are undertaking training, coaching and mentoring costs, venue costs for the training and if required backfill (wage replacement costs).
Can I apply?
To access the funding employers must meet certain criteria:
- You must be an adult social care employer operating in England.
- You must join a WDF partnership, or be part of a large national organisation that has a WDF grant with Skills for Care.
- You must have a National Minimum Data Set for Social Care (NMDS-SC) account, which has been fully completed or updated in line with the requirements for funding between the advertised dates.
How to apply
To find out more, or to make an application contact Teresa Dobson e-mail: email@example.com or call 01723 502 411.
For general information please click here….